Newborn Session Info and Guide
Thank you for trusting in me to photograph your precious bundle of joy! Newborns have very special needs and taking their photos require a little more attention so I have created this guide for you to review and prep before your session.
- Newborn sessions are done within the first 18 days of being born for several reasons: They are more likely to stay asleep and cooperate during their poses, they still like to be curled up and don’t mind being posed and their flaky skin or baby acne has not set in yet. After 18 days old, they are less cooperative and it takes a lot more time to ease the baby.
- Newborn sessions typically done at my studio in NE Minneapolis, I also travel to clients home for a additional fee. If sessions are done in your home, I will bring items to you, and would set up in your living room. Furniture and other items might be needing to be moved, so make sure to have someone there to help you.
- I usually schedule sessions during the morning, its babies sleepiest time.
- Babies sleep best when the room is nice and warm. I will have my studio warmed up. Please dress light in case you get too warm.
- It is very important to keep babies awake at least 2-3 hours before their session so that they are nice and sleepy. When you get to the studio, we will begin the session right away while baby is still sleeping. If baby wakes up, I will have you feed baby again so he/she is nice and full for the session.
- Please make sure to bring a pacifier with. Even if baby does not intend on using one, it is often convenient during pictures to keep baby calm and soothed while taking photos. This is much easier than moving baby each time they need to be soothed.
- Newborn sessions are sometimes in the nude so messes are normal! Please bring an extra set of outfit for yourself incase you get messed on.
- If you have purchased the full newborn package, we will start off with family photos and sibling photos first. If you have younger children, its best to find someone to watch over them while photographing the new baby. Sessions can last up to 3 hours.